Thursday, September 1, 2016

Ranch Dressing Mix


You can find many variations of this recipe on Pinterest.  This is my favorite.
The store bought mix has ingredients that I like to avoid, and this recipe is much more economical.
I use it to make salad dressing, but I mostly use it in recipes like
Taco Soup (look for my up-coming posted recipe).



1 cup powdered Buttermilk
2 Tbsp dried Parsley
2 tsp dried Dill
2 tsp Onion Powder
2 tsp dried minced Onion
2 tsp Salt
1 tsp Garlic Powder
1/2 tsp fresh ground Pepper


Powdered buttermilk is the key to making this mix.  
It is also handy to have in your refrigerator for recipes that call for buttermilk.
It has saved me many trips to the grocery store!


Combine all ingredients in a blender and mix on high until it's combined.
Store in a mason jar with lid in the refrigerator.

To make Ranch Dressing:

1 Tbsp. Mix
1 cup Milk
1 cup Mayonaise

Mix well.  Use as a dressing for salad or a dip for vegetables. 
Store any leftover dressing in the refrigerator.

No comments:

Post a Comment