Thursday, September 29, 2016

BBQ Rub and Sauce


A little smokey, a little sweet and a little kick!
This is my favorite Rub for grilling chicken and roasting pork.
Use as much or as little as you like to season your favorite meats.



Have you read the ingredient list on some of the store-bought rubs?
Some of the ingredients are there only to prevent clumping.
These anti-caking agents are supposed to be safe for consumption,
but they aren't what I call real food.
I don't know about you, but I don't really want to eat that.

I love making my own spice blends because I can control the ingredients.
 It is fun to experiment with different combinations
(like adding coffee to my BBQ Rub!)
Homemade is much more economical too!

This BBQ Rub Spice Blend also makes a yummy sauce.  See my recipe below.
If you like my BBQ Rub, check out some of my other Spice Blends.

1/4 cup Brown Sugar
2 Tbsp Smoked Paprika
1Tbsp Instant Coffee Granules
1 Tbsp Chili Powder
1 Tbsp Onion Powder
1 Tbsp Garlic Powder
1 Tbsp Salt
1 tsp Fresh Ground Pepper
1-2 tsp Cayenne Pepper (Optional)

Combine all ingredients and store in an airtight container.

BBQ Sauce Recipe


1 1/2 cup Ketchup
1/2 cup packed Brown Sugar
1/2 cup Cider Vinegar
1/4 cup Worcestershire Sauce
2 Tbsp. BBQ Rub


Whisk together all ingredients in a small sauce pan.  
Bring to a boil over medium heat.
Lower heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Serve with your favorite grilled or roasted meats.



No comments:

Post a Comment