Friday, October 14, 2016

Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free 1 to 1 Baking Flour


 Robin's Review
Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free 1 to 1 Baking Flour


I am always on the lookout for new gluten free products, and I as perused the isles of Whole Foods recently, this GF flour caught my eye.  I have seen this product before, but most of the cup for cup blends that I have tried in the past were so disappointing.  They either had a weird taste or very grainy texture. Should I waste my time and money trying another one?  This one promised that it could be substituted 1 to 1 for wheat flour in any recipe, so in a moment of weakness, I gave in!
I have to say that I am glad I did!



I decided to give it the cookie test.  The recipe on the back of the package is identical to the Nestle Toll House Chocolate Chip Recipe, substituting the same amount of the GF baking flour for wheat  all purpose flour.  
These chocolate chip cookies turned out quite good.  There was a slight grainy texture, but barely noticeable and the taste was very good.  They were not quite as chewy as the traditional Toll House version, but over all a very good substitute.  My family "Hoovered" them - so there you go!


I have also used this blend to make my 
with excellent results.
I will continue to use it in some of our family's favorite treats - so be on the lookout for future posts!

No comments:

Post a Comment