Saturday, May 14, 2016

Why I Love Pamela's Baking & Pancake Mix (Gluten Free)


This is one of my favorite gluten free flour blends.  It is especially good in cake and cookie recipes.  I think the almond meal is the key.  It gives my cakes and muffins a lighter texture and better structure.  When I use some other gluten free flours the texture can be dense and gummy.


This blend  contains baking powder, baking soda and Xanthan Gum.  So, you will not need to add those to your recipe.  

I use this blend in several of my posted recipes (Lemon Breakfast Bread and Almond Oat and Chip Cookies) and there will be more to come! This also makes a great thickener for soups and when flour for dredging meat and vegetables is needed.

Ironically, I rarely use this for Pancakes.  My family just prefers a recipe that I have adapted from the Pioneer Woman's Greek Yogurt Pancakes.  I will create a post with that recipe soon.  We also prefer Gluten Free Bisquick for making waffles - they are so good!

Another reason that I love it so much is because it is widely available - which is important - I don't like searching for hard to find ingredients!

No comments:

Post a Comment